Sum function based on format

  1. #1
    JMS
    Guest

    Sum function based on format

    I have a long column of numbers.
    Some of the numbers are are bolded, and some are not.
    I want to get a sum of only the bolded numbers.

    Is there an easy way to do this whereby Excel will only add the bolded
    numbers?

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Verwood, Dorset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by JMS
    I have a long column of numbers.
    Some of the numbers are are bolded, and some are not.
    I want to get a sum of only the bolded numbers.

    Is there an easy way to do this whereby Excel will only add the bolded
    numbers?
    Hi JMS

    Some useful info here ----------> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm
    Paul

  3. #3
    Richard Buttrey
    Guest

    Re: Sum function based on format

    On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 07:57:02 -0700, JMS <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I have a long column of numbers.
    >Some of the numbers are are bolded, and some are not.
    >I want to get a sum of only the bolded numbers.
    >
    >Is there an easy way to do this whereby Excel will only add the bolded
    >numbers?

    See my answer to the similar posting earlier, in the thread "calculate
    numbers based on font colour' (or color if you're from across the pond
    :-)

    Change the line
    If Myrange.Cells(y, 1).Font.ColorIndex = 3 Then

    If Myrange.Cells(y, 1).Font.Bold = True Then

    Rgds
    __
    Richard Buttrey
    Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK