Carrying formatting automatically to new W/S

  1. #1
    Jonah
    Guest

    Carrying formatting automatically to new W/S

    When I copy a workbook I want to be able to maintain the formatting and
    layout.
    from the original.&nbsp; For example the original has some <b>emboldened</b>
    text, but on the copied sheet the emboldening has been lost.

  2. #2
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Carrying formatting automatically to new W/S

    Right click on the sheet tab(s),
    Select "Move or Copy",
    Click on "Create a Copy",
    Expand the "To Book" box and click on "New Book",
    Then <OK>.

    --
    HTH,

    RD

    "Jonah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > When I copy a workbook I want to be able to maintain the formatting and

    layout.
    > Whenever I have done this, the new worksheet always loses the formatting

    from the original. For example the original has some emboldened text, but

  3. #3
    Jonah
    Guest

    Re: Carrying formatting automatically to new W/S

    Sorry about this, but it is not a new W/B but a new worksheet I needed. I also
    tried what you said and I still get no formatting carried over.

  4. #4
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Carrying formatting automatically to new W/S

    Might there be some underlying code in the sheet?

    This procedure copies a sheet *exactly*, whether the original is protected
    or not, whether it's saved or not ... it just works!

    Describe exactly what you did, and where you did it.

    -
    > > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

    !

    -

  5. #5
    Jonah
    Guest

    Re: Carrying formatting automatically to new W/S

    Underlying code? Where do I look?

    Jonah