Counting a Filtered Dataset

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    Counting a Filtered Dataset

    In the same way the Subtotal Function sums a filtered dataset I need a function
    which counts the values within a filtered dataset.

    Many Thanks

  2. #2
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  8. #8
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  9. #9
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  10. #10
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  11. #11
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  12. #12
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  13. #13
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  14. #14
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  15. #15
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  16. #16
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  17. #17
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  18. #18
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  19. #19
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  20. #20
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  21. #21
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  22. #22
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  23. #23
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  24. #24
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  25. #25
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  26. #26
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  27. #27
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX

    5 MIN

    6 PRODUCT

    7 STDEV

    8 STDEVP

    9 SUM

    10 VAR

    11 VARP

    Try: =SUBTOTAL(2,A2:A100)

    Regards,
    KL

    "T De Villiers" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  28. #28
    KL
    Guest

    Re: Counting a Filtered Dataset

    Hi T De Villiers,

    Not only the Subtotal Function sums and counts data in a filtered dataset,
    but it multiplies, averages up, gets min, max, etc. It is just a question of
    what is the first argument in the function:

    1 AVERAGE

    2 COUNT

    3 COUNTA

    4 MAX