spellnumber function

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Imran
    Guest

    spellnumber function

    I received a file with the spell number function, but cannot use it in my
    current excel program. Is it available only in provious version?

  2. #2
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: spellnumber function

    On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 02:27:14 -0700, "Imran" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I received a file with the spell number function, but cannot use it in my
    >current excel program. Is it available only in provious version?

    It was probably in a custom add-in that was on the original computer; and not
    distributed with the file. I've not heard of such a function in any version of
    Excel.

    If you cannot find the original add-in, there are others on the web with
    similar functionality that you could download and install. One is Longre's
    morefunc.xll which is free and at http://xcell05.free.fr/

    Of course, it uses a different function name (NBTEXT) and probably different
    arguments, so you'd have to adapt your file or translate the arguments somehow
    in VBA.

    --ron

  3. #3
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Verwood, Dorset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Imran
    I received a file with the spell number function, but cannot use it in my
    current excel program. Is it available only in provious version?
    Hi Imran

    Details of how to create SPELLNUMBER can be found here

    http://support.microsoft.com/default...23120121120120
    Paul