Excel should allow calendar based spreadsheet linking.

  1. #1
    kacivic
    Guest

    Excel should allow calendar based spreadsheet linking.

    I use several workbooks at a time that are set up monthly that have an
    individual spreadsheet for each day. I do fairly complicated data linking in
    that I have to change each equation that I copy to the next spreadsheet to
    make it link to the appropriate day's sheet in another work book. It would
    be helpful if Excel could recognize the pattern in the links on the different
    spreadsheets and automatically modify the links for me in the same way you
    can drag-copy an equation within a spreadsheet.

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...heet.functions

  2. #2
    PC
    Guest

    Re: Excel should allow calendar based spreadsheet linking.

    Alternatively one could use the existing XL functions that enable a user to
    accomplish this task, which include among others:

    OFFSET
    MATCH
    COUNT & COUNTA
    SUMPRODUCT
    SUMIF

    And of course there PIVOT TABLES

    PC

    "kacivic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I use several workbooks at a time that are set up monthly that have an
    > individual spreadsheet for each day. I do fairly complicated data linking

    in
    > that I have to change each equation that I copy to the next spreadsheet to
    > make it link to the appropriate day's sheet in another work book. It

    would
    > be helpful if Excel could recognize the pattern in the links on the

    different
    > spreadsheets and automatically modify the links for me in the same way you
    > can drag-copy an equation within a spreadsheet.

    this