Can you format a whole column of numbers to round?

  1. #1
    dawn
    Guest

    Can you format a whole column of numbers to round?

    I am doing a spreadsheet at work with a column of currency numbers. I would
    like to set up a function so that all the numbers in that column round to the
    nearest dollar. I have only been able to use the fx to round each individual
    cell separately. Is there a way to set it up so that the entire column will
    round?

  2. #2
    Bill Kuunders
    Guest

    Re: Can you format a whole column of numbers to round?

    It's normal for excel to round numbers to the nearest dollar as a display
    format.
    Any calculations will still take the original numbers including the
    decimals.

    Select the whole column by clicking onto the letter above the column .
    Go to <>format <>cells<>number<>decimal places : 0

    If you want to calculate everything with rounded values only then you need
    to use the formula
    =round(A1,0) for instance next to the original values.
    You can copy this down using the right hand bottom corner of the cell.
    <>when your mouse pointer changes to a "+" left click hold and drag down.

    news:[email protected]...