Populate a column by extracting unique values from another column?

  1. #1
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    Re: Populate a column by extracting unique values from another column?

    Your need is met VERY well by the Pivot Table feature of Excel.

    Note - You need to have column headings for each column - well, Donor and
    Amount, anyway.

    Select any cell in your Daily Sheet. Use Data>Pivot Table etc...
    Make sure Excel's guess about your data range is correct and click on
    Finish.
    That will create a new sheet and invoke the Pivot Table Wizard.
    Drag the Donor heading button to the area for Row Fields and drag the Amount
    heading button to the Data area.

    That should do it for you

    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    Mike Palmer
    Guest

    Re: Populate a column by extracting unique values from another column?

    Thanks for you help - that works brilliantly

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Duke Carey

  4. #4