indirect cell reference using copies of worksheets in same workboo

  1. #1
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    indirect cell reference using copies of worksheets in same workboo

    JT

    Note that February (2) contains a space.

    Sheetnames with spaces must be surrounded by quotes. That's why your change
    to FebruaryB works.....no space.

    Try =INDIRECT("'"&K3&"'!F5")

    Where K3 contains the sheetname February (2)

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  2. #2
    JT Spitz
    Guest

    Re: indirect cell reference using copies of worksheets in same wor

    While I agree that a space is put in automatically, I manually edited that
    out so that is read February(2). And I still got the REF error. So the
    question is still, does Indirect work with parenthesis?

    Thanks

    JT

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: indirect cell reference using copies of worksheets in same wor

    JT

    On further experimentation, I find I still must enter the single quotes around
    the sheetname no matter if a space or not when the name contains parens.

    So.....Indirect does not seem to work with parens unless the single quotes are
    added.

    At least, in my experience.

    Gord

  4. #4
    JT Spitz
    Guest

    Re: indirect cell reference using copies of worksheets in same wor

    Okay, thanks for the assist. It will be easier for me to just change the
    worksheet tab names. Removing the parens causes the names to become dates,
    which also causes the REF error and there are too many other cells using the
    Indirect function for me to edit them all.

    How does the saying go, you pay your dime and take your chances? Guess this
    is going to cost me a quarter, at least.

    Have a good one.

    JT

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: indirect cell reference using copies of worksheets in same workboo

  6. #6
    JT Spitz

  7. #7
    Gord Dibben