If function help

  1. #1
    Guest

    Re: If function help

    Hi

    Try this:
    =IF(BY2="N",IF(M2<4,"None","Married"),IF(AND(BY2="Y",M2>=4),"Family",IF(AND(BY2="C",OR(M2=2,M2=3)),"Single","")))

    --
    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: If function help

    =IF(AND(OR(M2=1,M2=2,M2=3),B2="N"),"None",IF(AND(OR(M2=2,M2=3),B2="C"),"Sing
    le",IF(M2>=4,IF(B2="N","Married","Family"))))

    Bob Phillips

  3. #3
    bj
    Guest

    RE: If function help

    Try
    =if(M1>=4,if(BY1="N","Married","Family"),if(BY1="N","None",If(M1=1,"????",""Single")
    I assumed you meant if grade = 4 and BY = C
    I don't know what you want when grade is 1 and BY is C

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: If function help

    One way (assuming your "Y" in the last line should have been a "C"):

    =CHOOSE(IF(BY1="N",2*(M1>=4),(M1>1)+2*(M1>3)+1),"None","Single","Married"
    ,"Family")

    In article <[email protected]>,

  5. #5
    Lewis Clark
    Guest

    Re: If function help

    I think this will answer your question:

    =IF(AND(M2<=3, BY2="n"), "none", IF( AND( OR(M2=2, M2=3), BY2="c"), "single", IF( AND( M2=4, BY2="n"), "Married", IF( AND( M2=4, BY2="c"), "Family", “unknown”))))

    Comments:
    1. Put this formula in the desired column and copy down. I assumed the data started in row 2, so adjust as needed.
    2. You didn't specify the result of GRADE = 1 and BY = C, so I put in "unknown". Change as you need to.
    3. I assumed "family" was the answer if GRADE = 4 and BY = "C".

    Hope this helps.

  6. #6
    LanceB
    Guest

    RE: If function help

    =IF(M1=4,IF(BY1="Y","Family","Married"),IF(BY1="C","Single","None"))

    Assumes only your given conditions can exist. For example you would never
    have a 1 in column M and a "C" in Column BY

  7. #7
    LanceB

  8. #8
    Lewis Clark