multiple criteria then sum

  1. #1
    Guest

    Re: multiple criteria then sum

    Hi

    One option is to use SUMPRODUCT. There is some guidance here:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctio...tml#SumProduct

    In your example, something like:
    =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A10=3)*(B2:B10=2),C2:C10)
    When using this function, each range must contain the same number of cells
    and cannot be full columns.

    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    DG
    Guest

    Re: multiple criteria then sum

    What if you have two criteria and want to sum the same column?
    I tried
    =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A10=3)*(B2:B10=2),B2:B10)
    and got a VALUE error

  3. #3
    Guest

    Re: multiple criteria then sum

    Hi

    I've just tried it and it worked for me!! Make sure that your 'numbers' are
    actually numbers and not text.

    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Kit
    Guest

    Re: multiple criteria then sum

    Many thanks Andy! I tried it and it works nicely. I will check out the link
    as well....

    Regards, Kit

  5. #5
    Guest