Determine the location of an external source of pivot table?

  1. #1
    Pivot Novice
    Guest

    Determine the location of an external source of pivot table?

    In Excel 2003, I have a pivot table linked to an Access database. How can I
    determine the location of the database from within Excel? When I use the
    Pivot Table Wizard, the "Get Data" button skips the location of the file and
    immediately asks me which fields I want to import.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Determine the location of an external source of pivot table?

    You can use programming to view the connection. For example:

    Sub ViewCommandText()
    MsgBox ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches(1).Connection
    End Sub

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Pivot Novice
    Guest

    Re: Determine the location of an external source of pivot table?

    Thanks again, Debra. Your solution worked perfectly, again.

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Determine the location of an external source of pivot table?

    You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know that it worked.