Complex If Then formulas

  1. #1
    Sneed924
    Guest

    Complex If Then formulas

    Heres what i am trying to do. I have a master list in one worksheet
    displaying all program numbers available 1-500 and what stations they are
    installed in (1-10). In another worksheet i have a database query displaying
    all programs used. But the query does not contain the work station. I want to
    combine them where my final worksheet displays 2 columns: programs used /
    station. I have tried to fiddle with If then statements but have had no
    success. The problem is that the cells don't match up. Program number 50
    might be in cell 60 one day and move to cell 65 the next depending on the
    programs now being used or not being used. The master list however is locked.
    program 1 is always in the same cell. Is there someway to set it up so that:
    A B
    C D
    1 Program used Station
    All programs Station
    2 100 If A2= C2:C502 then D corresponding 1-500

    3 110 x
    4 230 x

    It might only be possible using visual basic. If thats the case I have
    little experience with that. I could just input the stations by hand but i am
    lazy and want my computer to do it for me. Any suggestions would be
    appreciated.

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest