Advanced Filtering

  1. #1
    CFL
    Guest

    Advanced Filtering

    Hi, having trouble using the copy to another location option within advanced
    filtering. i am trying to extract multiple rows that contain the company
    name specified as my criteria. when i filter it in place it works but when i
    try and copy it to another worksheet i get the error message " you can only
    copy filtered data to the active sheet" Any one got any ideas what i am doing
    wrong?? Thanks

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Advanced Filtering

    Hi CFL,

    To copy the filtered data to another sheet it is necessary to invoke the
    filter from the target sheet.

    For step by step instructions, see Debra Dalgleish at:

    c) Extract Data to Another Worksheet

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Advanced Filtering

    Hi CFL,

    The link page should be:

    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html - ExtractWs

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    CFL
    Guest

    Re: Advanced Filtering

    Norman you are star. Thanks for you help!