set checkbox to enter date when checked and NOT recalculate

  1. #1
    Maliniemi
    Guest

    set checkbox to enter date when checked and NOT recalculate

    Trying to add checkbox to form that enters date in associated cell to note
    the date that the box was checked. NOW and TODAY functions recalculate all
    dates on spreadsheet everytime it is opened to current date time. Please
    help. Thanx.

  2. #2
    Gary's Student
    Guest

    RE: set checkbox to enter date when checked and NOT recalculate

    If there is already a macro behind the checkbox then try adding:

    Selection.Value = Now()

    to it. This will stick the value of now() in the range rather than the
    formula itself.
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    Maliniemi
    Guest

    RE: set checkbox to enter date when checked and NOT recalculate

    That worked, but when the spreadsheet is reopened, the date/time recalculates
    to the current date/time. I need it to track the date I checked the box and
    stay that way. Also, I associated a cell to show true or false whenever the
    check box is checked, with your fix, it will enter the date in whatever cell
    was last selected. This spreadsheet tracks production events and sums the
    weight of progress to the right. I just have hidden columns doing different
    things in the background and I realy need one to track the date the event
    happened.

  4. #4
    Gary's Student
    Guest

    RE: set checkbox to enter date when checked and NOT recalculate

    We need to do two things in the macro:
    1. specifically select the cell for the date recording
    2. check the cell first to be sure its empty before setting it to the value
    of now()
    --
    Gary's Student

  5. #5
    Maliniemi
    Guest

    RE: set checkbox to enter date when checked and NOT recalculate

    Gary,

    I appreciate the responce, but have been unable to reply till now, building
    a ship takes alot of my free time. I am not going to persue this anymore due
    to the ultimate goal was to put the spreadsheet with the check boxes into my
    HP 100 iPac. The problem with that is the iPac has Pocket Excel in it and
    when I sync the file into it, the macros don't transfer. I don't know if the
    full version of Excell can be loaded into it or not (just got it and haven't
    read the derections yet). Thanks again for your time.