Average of filtered data

  1. #1
    Benjamin
    Guest

    Average of filtered data

    From a list of data I can easily calculate the average:
    =AVERAGE (A1;A250)

    Then when I filter the data to keep only a selection of lines I would like
    the average to automatically update.

    How should I proceed?

    Thanks for the help

  2. #2
    N Harkawat
    Guest

    Re: Average of filtered data

    Leave cell A251 blank and then on cell A252 type the followng:
    =subtotal(1,A1:a250)

    this will average the average of visible cells only
    Also when using Auto-filter filter it for the range instead of the entire
    column lest you should hide the average

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Domenic