vlook up and if formula

  1. #1
    Stuart
    Guest

    vlook up and if formula

    hi

    im playing with a spreadsheet at the moment trying to use vlookup which i
    have working

    however, instead of when the vlookup value providing a value of n/a when
    false, is there a way that i can use an if statement to return a value of "0"
    (zero)

    thanks

    stuart

  2. #2
    Leo Heuser
    Guest

    Re: vlook up and if formula

    Hi Stuart

    One way:

    =IF(ISERROR(Your formula),0,Your formula)

    --
    Best Regards
    Leo Heuser

    Followup to newsgroup only please.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    arno
    Guest

    Re: vlook up and if formula

    Hi Stuart,

    > however, instead of when the vlookup value providing a value of n/a
    > when false, is there a way that i can use an if statement to return a
    > value of "0" (zero)

    you need your formula twice, eg.

    =if(iserror(vlookup(a1,data,2,false)),0,vlookup(a1,data,2,false))

    where 0 in the middle of the formula is what you want. sometimes I use
    "not found", "---" or just "", depending on what is usefull in the
    situation, 0 is fine, too.

    arno

  4. #4
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: vlook up and if formula

    =if(isna(vlookup formula),0,vlookup formula)

  5. #5
    stuart
    Guest

    RE: vlook up and if formula