Creating a bar graph manually

  1. #1
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Creating a bar graph manually

    Hi!

    What you want to do is called a Gantt chart. Basically, it's fairly simple
    to do, however, you have a couple of problems!

    If you want to chart the time range from 6:00 AM to 18:00 in increments of 1
    minute you will run out of cells (in a row - A1:IV1) at 10:15 AM. There are
    only 256 columns and you have 720 minutes in your time range.

    Another issue is using TEXT to represent the times. It would be *MUCH*
    easier to use normal time entries (any format).

    Another issue, and this will be the most difficult to deal with, is, how
    many times will a unit be dispatched? If a unit will only be dispatched once
    then it's really simple, no problem! If a unit might be dispatched 10 times,
    ugh!

    The basic logic is to compare the the TIME in row 1 to the start and stop
    times of the dispatched unit.

    Let me know how (if) you want to procede.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    WLMPilot
    Guest

    Re: Creating a bar graph manually

    I want to continue and yes, I understand the limitations of the cells and the
    problem with the same ambulance being dispatch several times. I want to
    proceed and figure this out. The time indications I will adjust to 5 or 10
    min increments. The basic problem is that I want compare time header and see
    if it falls in any of the ranges of the start/stop times. If so, then fill
    that cell with a color thus creating a bar graph.

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Creating a bar graph manually

    Hi!

    If you're still checking this thread contact me at:

    xl can help at comcast period net

    Remove the can and change the obvious.

    This can be done but I'll bet it's not going to "work" like you think.

    The multiple dispatches of a particular unit can be dealt with but it's a
    somewhat involved process.

  4. #4
    WLMPilot
    Guest

    Re: Creating a bar graph manually

    I got the "at comcast" part, but not sure about the "obvious". Is it only
    "biff"?

    Thanks,
    Les

  5. #5
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Creating a bar graph manually

    xl help at comcast dot net

    Remove the spaces and change <at> and <dot>

    Or, post your address!

  7. #7
    Biff

  8. #8