IF formula?

  1. #1
    meris
    Guest

    IF formula?

    Im trying to create a couple of formulas from the following data, Im using an
    IF formula at the moment, but I keep getting an error message: My data

    O T pN pJ
    nor 100 (1st formula) (2nd Formula)
    jme 100 (1st formula) (2nd Formula)

    For the 1st formula, If O is nor, pN= 60% of T and if O is jme, pN = 0

    And 2nd formula, If O is jme, pN = 0, and pJ = 60% of T

    Here’s what I want it to look like

    O T pN pJ
    nor 100 60 0
    jme 100 0 60

    The only things I should mention is that the value of T is a result of
    another formula, but I don’t think that should matter? And, O is a word, not
    a number…how do I represent a word in a formula?

    Thanks for your help!

  2. #2
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: IF formula?

    Hi

    pN=(O="nor")*0.6*T
    pJ=(O="jme")*0.6*T

    --
    Arvi Laanemets
    ( My real mail address: arvil<at>tarkon.ee )

    news:[email protected]...