Identify Numbers:Conditional formating

  1. #1
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Identify Numbers:Conditional formating

    Mark the whole range of your data (excluding your header row)
    Format>Conditional Formatting and use the drop down to select Formula Is
    In the white pane enter
    =ISNUMBER(FIND("4606050005",$F2))

    --
    Regards
    Roger Govier
    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    re: Identify Numbers:Conditional formating

    Try this ..

    Assume the 6 cols are cols A to F, 6th col = col F

    Select say, rows 1 to 10 (select the row headers)

    Click Format > Conditional Formatting

    Under Condition 1, make the settings as:
    Formula is| =ISNUMBER(SEARCH(4606050005,$F1))

    Click Format button > Patterns tab > Green? > OK
    Click OK at the main dialog

    Adapt to suit ..
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  3. #3
    Mandeep Dhami
    Guest

    re: Identify Numbers:Conditional formating

    Thanks a lot Roger, it is exactly what I wanted and anticipated.

  4. #4
    Mandeep Dhami
    Guest

    re: Identify Numbers:Conditional formating

    Thanks a lot Max, it is exactly what I wanted and anticipated.

  5. #5
    Max
    Guest

    re: Identify Numbers:Conditional formating

    You're welcome, Mandeep !
    --
    Rgds
    Max