SUMIF With Multiple Categories

  1. #1

    SUMIF With Multiple Categories

    I would like to create a =SUMIF equation that requires two variables to
    be true (rather than just one) before it sums. Is this possible.

    I have tried to use the =SUMIF(AND()) type equations but cannot get the
    calculation to work. Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: SUMIF With Multiple Categories

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="value1"),--(B1:B100=number))

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: SUMIF With Multiple Categories

    Your 2 variables can be in 2 separate columns, with the totaling data in a
    3rd:

    =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A50="variable1")*(B1:B50="variable2")*C1:C50)

    They could also be in the *same* column.

    Just remember to keep *all* ranges the same size, and don't use absolute
    column references (A:A).
    --
    HTH,

    RD