Unique Dynamic Validated List

  1. #1
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    RE: Unique Dynamic Validated List

    Let's assume your data for now is in A1:A10. Place this in B1, press

    =INDEX($A$1:$A$10,SMALL(IF(ROW($A$1:$A$10)=MATCH($A$1:$A$10,$A$1:$A$10,0),ROW($A$1:$A$10)),ROW()))

    You can replace A1:A10 with a dynamic range if you need to. I'd probably
    create a dynamic range in column A, starting in A1, and define a name for it
    (Ctrl+F3).

    If your list does not start in row 1, use the following:

    =INDEX(rng,SMALL(IF(ROW(rng)-N+1=MATCH(rng,rng,0),ROW(rng)-N+1),ROW()-N+1))

    where N = the row number of where the list begins and "rng" is your range.

    Don't worry about the error values when creating a dynamic range for
    validation. You can create a dynamic range that ignores them (ie use COUNT in
    your OFFSET formula).

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA