Reverse order in column

  1. #1
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Reverse order in column

    If they're in numerical order, as your example, simply select them and then
    sort them "descending".
    If they're not in any order, then add a "helper" column, and number it from
    1 to whatever, THEN, select both columns, and sort on the helper column
    "descending".

    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: Reverse order in column

    One way is to use a use a helper column,
    In column B enter 1 in B2 ,2 in B3 and carry on to the end of your range,
    then sort both columns by column B, delete or clear contents of column B
    when done
    Regards,
    Alan

  3. #3
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: Reverse order in column

    In B2 enter & copy down as far as needed:

    =INDEX($A$2:$A$4,ROWS($A$2:$A$4)-(ROW()-ROW(B$2)))

    --

    [1] The SumProduct function should implicitly coerce the truth values to
    their Excel numeric equivalents.

  4. #4
    Ragdyer

  5. #5