why can't you move colums in Excel like in Outlook?

  1. #1
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: why can't you move colums in Excel like in Outlook?

    If the destination column is empty, you can simply drag the existing column
    to the new location and drop it. (click on the column header, then left click
    and drag the heavy border that appears). Alternately, you can right click
    the border and drag; when you drop you get a menu of options

    If the destination column isn't empty, click on the column header, press
    Ctrl-X, click on the destination, and use Alt-I, Enter

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: why can't you move colums in Excel like in Outlook?

    Kerk,

    Actually, you can.

    Select the column, then shift-click the outline of the column (the selection border), and drag into
    place.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP