Help with conditional formatiing?

  1. #1
    Martin P
    Guest

    RE: Help with conditional formatiing?

    It seems as if you have to remove dollar signs.
    I think the following condition should work:
    =OR(AND(YEAR(A1)=YEAR(B1)+1,MONTH(A1)=MONTH(B1),DAY(A1)>DAY(B1)),
    AND(YEAR(A1)=YEAR(B1)+1,MONTH(A1)>MONTH(B1)), AND(YEAR(A1)>YEAR(B1)+1))

  2. #2
    abqhusker

    Martin P wrote:
    > It seems as if you have to remove dollar signs.
    > I think the following condition should work:
    > =OR(AND(YEAR(A1)=YEAR(B1)+1,MONTH(A1)=MONTH(B1),DAY(A1)>DAY(B1)),
    > AND(YEAR(A1)=YEAR(B1)+1,MONTH(A1)>MONTH(B1)), AND(YEAR(A1)>YEAR(B1)+1))
    > "abqhusker" wrote:
    >

    >>2 columns with dates, if date in column A is more than 1 year after column B,
    >>then make the date in column A red. I can't get this to work. Conditional
    >>formatting will only look at one row but not the rest of the rows. I need
    >>something that compares relatively, eg. A2,B2; A3,B3, etc. Right now the
    >>best I can do with conditional formatting is A2,B2; A3,B2; A4,B2; etc. Would
    >> appreciate an email reply in addition to newsgroup reply. Thanks.

    Martin, thanks for replying. You know what, the dollar sign were the
    problem initially but I removed them and was still having problems. I
    believe that the problem was in my formula for adding a year on to a
    date, lol. My formula was A2>B2+12 (B2+12 is supposed to represent
    date+12 months). But what just dawned on me is that I need to change it
    to B2+365. B2+12 was only adding 12 days!!!!!!!! LOL! DUH!!!! I am
    keeping your formula above for future reference though. Thanks alot.

    ABQHUSKER SAYS: THESE GUYS ARE GOOD!!!! YOU CAN LEARN A LOT FROM THESE
    GUYS!!!

  4. #4
    Martin P

  5. #5