Search and replace

  1. #1
    Subu
    Guest

    Search and replace

    Hi

    I wish to search and replace all reference to column "F" in this
    formula to column "$F"

    However I can't run a search and replace because

    - If I replace all "F" it will replace the "F" in the IF and that will
    not work

    - If I try to replace all *F that will again take "*" as a sort of
    wildcard and vitiate the formula

    any other suggestions are welcome

    Regards

    Subu

  2. #2
    Peter Jausovec
    Guest

    Re: Search and replace

    Hi,

    There should be a checkbox Match Case and/or Whole Word

    Regards,
    Peter Jausovec
    (http://blog.jausovec.net)

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gary's Student
    Guest

    RE: Search and replace

    How about copying the cells that contain references to column F to somewhere
    in the worksheet such that the copied formulae now reference column Z? Now
    you could use the search/replace to change Z to $F. The improvement is that
    Z occurs less frequently than F in functions. I realize that this is a
    work-around rather than a solution.
    --
    Gary's Student

  4. #4
    Subu
    Guest

    Re: Search and replace

    Since I am replacng just the Colum "F" with something else the match
    case or whole words will not help

    Any other ideas please..

    TIA

    Subu

  5. #5
    Subu
    Guest

    Re: Search and replace

    thanks

    But this is not possible always - because I end up changing other
    formulae inadvertantly

    so ... a request : are there better ways ?