formula to identify weekend dates

  1. #1
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    RE: formula to identify weekend dates

    Try this:

    =IF(OR(WEEKDAY(A1)=1,WEEKDAY(A1)=7),"Weekend","Weekday")

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: formula to identify weekend dates

    Hi!

    One way:

    =IF(WEEKDAY(A1,2)>5,"Weekend","")

    Will return Weekend if the date in cell A1 is on the weekend, otherwise,
    returns blank.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gary's Student
    Guest

    RE: formula to identify weekend dates

    If a date is in A1, then =WEEKDAY(A1,2)) will return 6 for Saturday and 7 for
    Sunday. So

    =IF(WEEKDAY(A1,2)>5,"weekend","")

    --
    Gary's Student

  4. #4
    Cathy Landry
    Guest

    RE: formula to identify weekend dates

    Barb, thank you for the quick response! That worked!!! When you have time,
    would you mind looking at my other post from 08/19 (required fields with
    comments)?

    Thank you again!

  5. #5
    Cathy Landry
    Guest

    Re: formula to identify weekend dates

    Thank you everyone who replied!!!! I now have several different ways to
    identify weekend expenditures.....this will really help my audit review!

  6. #6
    Barb Reinhardt

  7. #7
    Biff