backing sales tax out of a total including sales tax

  1. #1
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: backing sales tax out of a total including sales tax

    Totals in A1

    =A1/1.0775

    or more generic if there are other sales tax rates involved, with the sales
    tax percentage in B1

    =A1/(1+$B$1)

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    trent
    Guest

    Re: backing sales tax out of a total including sales tax

    thank you, that was so stupidly easy. I guess sometimes you need to take a
    look at the box "from the outside".
    thank you again.

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom