Still could use help on a tough VLOOKUP

  1. #1
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Still could use help on a tough VLOOKUP

    The current equation just looks to see if the lookup name is there,
    It sounds as though you need an additional criteria to see if a given cell
    has an entry
    I dont know what you need but if your columns in sheet2 are say 9,10,11 and
    12 for the four cores
    what you might do is try for core 1
    =IF(A4="","",IF(AND(NOT(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A4,CSM,9,FALSE))),VLOOKUP(A4,CSM,9,FALSE)="X"),"X",IF(AND(NOT(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A4,NPM,9,FALSE))),VLOOKUP(A4,NPM,9,FALSE)="Y"),"Y",IF(AND(NOT(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A4,PM,9,FALSE))),VLOOKUP(A4,PM,9,FALSE)="Z"),"Z","")))

    for core 2,3,and 4 change the 9s to 10s, 11s and 12s in the vlookups.

  2. #2
    bj

  4. #4
    bj