automatically copy data from one worksheet to another

  1. #1

    Re: automatically copy data from one worksheet to another

    My opinion only...

    You could use some code that does this. But if you or your users make a typing
    mistake and want to correct it (and have the program go back and fix things), it
    becomes quite a project.

    If I have to do things like this, I try to put all my data in one worksheet and
    use data|filter to show just the stuff I want to see. (Multiple sheets means
    that sooner or later the data is out of sync!)

    If you absolutely have to have separate sheets, I'd still make one input sheet
    and then dump the data on demand--not quite automatic.

    I'd steal some code from Debra Dalgleish's site:

    Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
    separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
    automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

    or maybe Ron de Bruin's easyfilter.
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

  3. #3