try sumif criteria reference

  1. #1
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    try sumif criteria reference

    Try
    =SUMIF(B5:B47,"="&E5, C5:C47)

    or
    =SUMPRODUCT(--(B5:B47=E5),C5:C47)

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...

  2. #2
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    re: try sumif criteria reference

    Not the 2nd, please.

  3. #3
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    re: try sumif criteria reference

    And why not, Aladin?

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    TimH
    Guest

    re: try sumif criteria reference

    Awesome - you guys (girls?) rock!

  5. #5
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    re: try sumif criteria reference

    Because processing array objects takes more time than range objects.
    Since SumIf does the latter and fits the task at hand (single-condition
    summing), a SumIf formula would be better.

  6. #6
    Roger Govier

  7. #7
    Aladin Akyurek