Filtering by criteria in two columns

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    bookmike
    Guest

    Filtering by criteria in two columns

    I'm new to the advanced features of 2003 and I'm having a problem getting a
    spreadsheet to filter correctly. I need to filter based on the criteria that
    a value in one column is equal to "value A" or a value in another column is
    equal to "value B". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    Mike

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Filtering by criteria in two columns

    I think that you would need to create a helper column that makes those two
    test returning True or false, and filter by that column.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips

  4. #4
    PATRICK AND CHERY LANANE
    Guest

    Re: Filtering by criteria in two columns

    Would the auto 'drop down' filter by column work?
    I filter multiple columns at work by one filter at a time, depending on the
    relevancy of the data needed.

    news:%[email protected]...

  5. #5
    PATRICK AND CHERY LANANE