Calculate sum of numbers with conditions

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Curtis
    Guest

    Calculate sum of numbers with conditions

    I need to calculate the sum of number dependate on 2 conditions. One
    condition is emplyee number ( in a column of many numbers) and the other is
    the month (in a column listed with many days)

  2. #2
    Dave R.
    Guest

    Re: Calculate sum of numbers with conditions

    Try

    =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100=123)*(MONTH(B1:B100)=5),C1:C100)

    123 = employee number
    month = may (5th month)
    c1:c100 is the range you want to sum if above 2 conditions are true on the
    same row.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Dave R.

  4. #4
    Curtis
    Guest

    Re: Calculate sum of numbers with conditions

    DId really do it unless I am doing something wrong or did not give you enough
    info.

  5. #5
    Curtis

  6. #6
    Curtis

  7. #7
    Curtis

  8. #8
    Dave R.

  9. #9
    Dave R.

  10. #10
    Matt Lunn
    Guest

    RE: Calculate sum of numbers with conditions

    Curtis,

    An array formula would work here. Could you please give a little bit more
    detail about your data? You mention days. Does this mean the month is to be
    calculated from a date?

    Thanks,
    Matt

  11. #11
    Curtis

  12. #12
    Curtis
    Guest

    RE: Calculate sum of numbers with conditions

    In answering your question the amount the month is to be calculated from a
    date----the answer is yes. each row in the sheet has a date assigned to it
    which could represent any day of any month.

    Hope this helps and thanks for your help

  13. #13
    Curtis

  14. #14
    Curtis

  15. #15
    Curtis

  16. #16
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Calculate sum of numbers with conditions

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(APR_05!$C$2:$C$1000=$A37),--(MONTH(APR_05!$D$2:$D$1000=7),APR
    _05!$J$2:$J$1000)

    RP

  17. #17
    Bob Phillips

  18. #18
    Curtis
    Guest

    Re: Calculate sum of numbers with conditions

    Doesn't work. However it could be my fault as I might not be relaying all the
    information.

    The formulae has to look at an entire sheet ('Raw - 2nd'!$B$2:$B$65536) ,
    look at a specific tech number (column c), look at the speciic tech number (
    column b) and then sum up the $$ for that tech for that month. The days are
    listed in column c, and can include any date)

    Hope that helps

    ce

  19. #19
    Curtis

  20. #20
    Curtis
    Guest

    Re: Calculate sum of numbers with conditions

    I noticed a typo

    s/b The formulae has to look at an entire sheet ('Raw - 2nd'!$B$2:$B$65536) ,

  21. #21
    Curtis

  22. #22
    Curtis

  23. #23
    Curtis

  24. #24
    Curtis

  25. #25
    Curtis

  26. #26
    Curtis
    Guest

    Re: Calculate sum of numbers with conditions

    Why is this giving me an error? It doesn't make sense!!!!

    SUMPRODUCT(--('Raw - 2nd'!$C$2:$C$65536=$A37),--(MONTH('Raw -
    2nd'!$b$2:$b$65536=4),'Raw - 2nd'!$J$2:$J$65536)

    Column c is employee number
    Column b is date range
    Column j is $$ range

  27. #27
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: Calculate sum of numbers with conditions

    1. Change Raw - 2nd to Raw2nd.
    2. In B37 enter the first day date of a month/year of interest. For example:

    1-Apr-05

    Then invoke:

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(Raw2nd!$C$2:$C$65536=$A37),--(Raw2nd!$B$2:$B$65536-DAY(Raw2nd!$B$2:$B$65536)+1=$B37),Raw2nd!$J$2:$J$65536)

    The range you apply the formula to is too big. If it must be that big,
    consider switching to a SumIf formula for efficiency...

    In K2 enter and copy down:

    =C2&"#"&B2-DAY(B2)+1

    Then invoke:

    =SUMIF(Raw2nd!$C$2:$C$65536,$A37&"#"&$B37,Raw2nd!$J$2:$J$65536)

    Curtis wrote:
    > Why is this giving me an error? It doesn't make sense!!!!
    >
    > SUMPRODUCT(--('Raw - 2nd'!$C$2:$C$65536=$A37),--(MONTH('Raw -
    > 2nd'!$b$2:$b$65536=4),'Raw - 2nd'!$J$2:$J$65536)
    >
    > Column c is employee number
    > Column b is date range
    > Column j is $$ range
    >
    > "Bob Phillips" wrote:
    >

    >>=SUMPRODUCT(--(APR_05!$C$2:$C$1000=$A37),--(MONTH(APR_05!$D$2:$D$1000=7),APR
    >>_05!$J$2:$J$1000)
    >>
    >>--
    >>
    >>HTH
    >>
    >>RP
    >>(remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct)
    >>

    >>"Curtis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >>>SO far I have =SUMIF(APR_05!$C$2:$C$65536,$A37,APR_05!$J$2:$J$65536)
    >>>
    >>>this sums up the $$ by employee number. I need to add a formula that pulls
    >>>the $$ by the month as well .

    >>more

    >>to be

    >>other is

    --

    [1] The SumProduct function should implicitly coerce the truth values to
    their Excel numeric equivalents.

  28. #28
    Aladin Akyurek

  29. #29