How do I pull a date from a separate worksheet using the IF functi

  1. #1
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: How do I pull a date from a separate worksheet using the IF functi

    Hi, Jerrod. You'll need INDEX and MATCH. If you move your Code column to be
    column A instead, then you can use VLOOKUP, which is (IMHO) much easier.

    And here's a "tutorial" on vlookup:
    http://www.officearticles.com/tutori...soft_excel.htm
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com

    "Jerrod Mason" <Jerrod [email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm working on a budget system using Excel 2003. I have one page set up

    as a
    > monthly summary, and another set up as a transaction list. I want to view
    > the date I paid a particular bill on the Monthly Summary worksheet, taking
    > that data from the Transaction List. I'm using a 2 digit numerical system

    > classify different bill categories. Example:
    >
    > Date Code Desc. Price
    > 14-Jun-04 10 Electricity 300.00
    >
    > I tried an IF function to bring the date across where the first part was
    > "B:B=10", the second part was "A:A" and the third part was left blank. I
    > couldn't get it to work....am I approaching this incorrectly? Here's what
    > I'm looking for: when I enter a payment for a specific bill in my
    > Transaction List worksheet, is there a way to bring the date of that
    > transaction across to a column in my Monthly Summary worksheet to indicate
    > (1) that I paid the bill and (2) when I sent the check? Thanks in

    advance.

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: How do I pull a date from a separate worksheet using the IF functi

    Hi!

    Here's something that you may not have thought about. You said you have 2
    sheets, a Summary and one for transactions. If you're paying electric bills
    wisdom tells me you're getting a bill and making a payment every month. So,
    there will be more than 1 entry in the transaction list for electric bills.
    Which one do you want?

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Anne Troy

  4. #4
    Biff

  5. #5
    Anne Troy

  6. #6
    Biff

  7. #7
    Anne Troy

  8. #8
    Biff

  9. #9
    Jerrod Mason
    Guest

    How do I pull a date from a separate worksheet using the IF functi

    I'm working on a budget system using Excel 2003. I have one page set up as a
    monthly summary, and another set up as a transaction list. I want to view
    the date I paid a particular bill on the Monthly Summary worksheet, taking
    that data from the Transaction List. I'm using a 2 digit numerical system to
    classify different bill categories. Example:

    Date Code Desc. Price

  10. #10
    Anne Troy

  11. #11