How do I change the plus to a negative in a column of numbers?

  1. #1
    bj
    Guest

    RE: How do I change the plus to a negative in a column of numbers?

    enter -1 in a cell and copy
    select your column
    use autofilter to get non blanks
    select your column again and
    paste special multiply

  2. #2
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: How do I change the plus to a negative in a column of numbers?

    Hi

    When originally all values are positive:
    Enter -1 into some free cell, and copy the cell.
    Select the column (or range with data), and then PasteSpecial vrom menu or
    right-click dropdown - check Multiply and click on OK.

    When there are negative values:
    Select column (or range with data).
    Replace all "-" with nothing.
    Continue as above.

    --
    Arvi Laanemets
    ( My real mail address: arvil<at>tarkon.ee )

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    bj

  4. #4