Formula to change rows a different colour?

  1. #1
    FSt1
    Guest

    RE: Formula to change rows a different colour?

    hi,
    Formulas return a value, they can not perform an action. like change the
    color of a cell.
    but you an use conditional formating to do that.
    Format>Conditional formating
    cell value is Equal to ="yes"
    Format button>pattern tab>some color
    OK

    as to your formula, yes, you can change the text.

    =if(TODAY()-D11>=60,"Yes","No")

    just be sure that the text you want displayed is inclosed in double quotes.
    "Text"

    regards
    FSt1

  2. #2
    John
    Guest

    Re: Formula to change rows a different colour?

    On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:11:01 -0700, A strange species called "FSt1"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >hi,
    >Formulas return a value, they can not perform an action. like change the
    >color of a cell.
    >but you an use conditional formating to do that.
    >Format>Conditional formating
    >cell value is Equal to ="yes"
    >Format button>pattern tab>some color
    >OK
    >
    >as to your formula, yes, you can change the text.
    >
    >=if(TODAY()-D11>=60,"Yes","No")
    >
    >just be sure that the text you want displayed is inclosed in double quotes.
    >"Text"
    >
    >regards
    >FSt1

    Thanks a lot mate! This is perfect. I always wondered how this was
    done. Now I know. Conditional Formatting

    This is definitely the most useful thing I have learned this month.

    John

  3. #3
    FSt1

  4. #4