Cell Separation

  1. #1
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Cell Separation

    You can have two lines of text in a cell by typing a few characters and then
    Alt-Enter and then some more characters which will be on the second line.
    If you preceed the second row characters it will move them to the lower
    right corner of the cell and the first line characters will be in the upper
    left area of the cell..........then a right-to-left diagonal border as
    you've described will separate the cell and produce the visual effect you
    are looking for.............

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    "Freshman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I want to separate a cell into two parts. I can do this by adding a

    diagonal
    > from "Fomat/Cell/Border". However, when I want to add text into two

    separate
    > parts, it cannot be done. The problem is the text description cannot be
    > separated into upper portion and lower portion as I expected. Can it be

    done

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Cell Separation

    The only thing you missed is how to read in MY sleep <g>...........I swear
    my response looked good to me last night just before I went to bed.......but
    it sure didn't this morning. I see Max did come to my rescue and got you on
    the straight and narrow tho.........thanks Max... ....just typing leading
    spaces to either the top or bottom line, depending on which way the diagonal
    goes, will move that line's characters over to the right end of the cell.

    I do sincerely apologize for that first criptic response.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    "Freshman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi CLR,
    >
    > I cannot get the effect by following your gudieline. Have I missed

    anything?
    > My steps are:
    >
    > Type: "Freshman" in a cell, then press Alt Enter;
    > Type: "CLR" in the second line, then press Enter.
    >
    > The two lines of text still align on the left hand side and didn't

    separate
    > as you've described. Please kindly tell me if my steps have missed

    something.

  3. #3
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Cell Separation

    You're welcome !
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  4. #4
    CLR

  5. #5
    Freshman
    Guest

    RE: Cell Separation

  6. #6
    Freshman
    Guest

    Re: Cell Separation

    Hi Max,

    Thanks again. Your method works. Cheers.

  7. #7
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Cell Separation

  8. #8
    CLR

  9. #9
    CLR

  10. #10
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Cell Separation

    You're welcome !
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  11. #11
    Freshman

  12. #12
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Cell Separation

  13. #13
    Freshman

  14. #14
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Cell Separation

    It's a pleasure to help out, Chuck ! <g>
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  15. #15
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Cell Separation

  16. #16
    Freshman

  17. #17
    CLR

  18. #18
    Freshman

  19. #19
    CLR

  20. #20
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Cell Separation

    You're welcome !
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  21. #21
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Cell Separation

  23. #23
    CLR

  24. #24
    CLR

  25. #25
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Cell Separation

    You're welcome !
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  26. #26
    Freshman

  27. #27
    Freshman

  28. #28
    CLR

  29. #29
    Freshman

  30. #30
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Cell Separation

    You're welcome !
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  31. #31
    Freshman

  32. #32
    CLR

  34. #34
    CLR

  36. #36
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Cell Separation

  37. #37
    Freshman

  38. #38
    Freshman
    Guest

    Re: Cell Separation

    Hi Chuck,

    Thanks for your assistance too. I really appreciate your help. Thanks again.

    Freshman