Moving data in financial forecast

  1. #1

    Question Moving data in financial forecast

    I am preparing a financial forecast and want to have the ability to move rows of revenue data to an earlier or later start date. For example, I have a contract beginning Dec 05 with monthly revenues running until Nov 07. I want to be able to change the start date and have the same numbers move to the right or left in the spreadsheet depending on the new input date. A what if concept.
    The at if function is too complex and each cell requires huge formulas. I have tried named ranges and I can cut and paste the whole range easily but then the links don't work. If Dec 05 is linked in my base worksheet to say Dec 05 in the P&L, if the data is moved to start Jan 06, the link stays in Dec05.
    I dont know if this is a macro/VBA issue or whether there is some other way. If someone could just tell me the excel functionality to explore that in itself would be helpful.
    I am sure this is a standard need but all the books and the posts I have read never seem to deal with it. Wouls appreciate some guidance.

  2. #2
    PY & Associates
    Guest

    RE: Moving data in financial forecast