Dro pdown list formulas

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    richy007
    Guest

    Dro pdown list formulas

    I have a table of product and prices and i want to create a drop down list to
    select product with a formulae in another cell that returns the relevant
    retail price dependant on the product selected from the drop down list, with
    another cell returning the cost price

  2. #2
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: Dro pdown list formulas

    Name Table the 2-column list of products and prices.

    Data validate the cells of interest with Allow set to List and Source
    set to:

    =INDEX(Table,0,1)

    Let A2 on some sheet be such a data validated cell. In B2 you can invoke:

    =VLOOKUP(A2,Table,2,0)

    to retrieve the price associated with the product selected in A2.

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Dro pdown list formulas

    You can use data validation to create a drop down list. There are
    instructions in Excel's Help and here:

    In adjacent cells, you can use a VLookup formula to return the price
    from your price list. There's an example here:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List