Need help with formulas-How this total I turn it to 10

  1. #1

    Need help with formulas-How this total I turn it to 10

    undefined

    I am trying to create a worksheet to calculate the worked hours daily. It formulates it that I have managed to do that but approaches which desire the result gives it in hours. When I turn to him the hours in general numbers it changes to decimal. That is, if I have an employee who enters to work 7AM and leaves lunch to the 12PM, it returns 12:30PM and it leaves to the 5:30PM formulates it present says to me that the total is 10:00 A.M.. How this total I turn it to 10 (hours)

    Help, Thanks

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Houston, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by LISVET
    undefined

    I am trying to create a worksheet to calculate the worked hours daily. It formulates it that I have managed to do that but approaches which desire the result gives it in hours. When I turn to him the hours in general numbers it changes to decimal. That is, if I have an employee who enters to work 7AM and leaves lunch to the 12PM, it returns 12:30PM and it leaves to the 5:30PM formulates it present says to me that the total is 10:00 A.M.. How this total I turn it to 10 (hours)

    Help, Thanks
    Try this ...

    =IF(((A1-B1)+(C1-D1))*24<0,0,((A1-B1)+(C1-D1))*24)

    where

    A1 = time in to start the day
    B1 = time out (for lunch)
    C1 = time in (from lunch)
    D1 = time out for the day

    BTW, all your cells should be time formatted.

    Hope this helps you.

    Regards.
    BenjieLop
    Houston, TX

  3. #3
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    re: Need help with formulas-How this total I turn it to 10

    Just an example:
    In A1 through D1 put:

    7:00:00 AM 12:00:00 PM 12:30:00 PM 5:30:00 PM

    In E1 put:
    =D1-A1-(C1-B1)
    you will see 10:00 (if you format E1 as Time 13:30
    --
    Gary''s Student

  4. #4
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    re: Need help with formulas-How this total I turn it to 10

    Days of the week in Column A,
    Row1 has header labels starting in Column B:
    Start, Out Lunch, In Lunch, End

    Enter this in F2, with F2 formatted as number:

    =(((E2-B2+(E2<B2))-(D2-C2+(D2<C2)))*24)*(AND(B2>0,E2>0))

    This compensates for shifts that work past midnight.
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    "LISVET" <[email protected]> wrote in