Excel formula for monthly interest rates

  1. #1
    Bluie2407
    Guest

    Excel formula for monthly interest rates

    I am new to VBA or formula set up for excel.

    I would like for someone to help me write a formula to interest rates that
    are computed on a day rate. Excemple:

    Discover Card charges interest on a daily bases.

    Example: Credit card bal: $1,373.04, Pmt $140.00 (Fin Charge at 22.99%
    annually or daily at 0.06299%) Interest charged for 31 days is $26.00 leaving
    new balance of $1,259.04. How would the formula be written to compute my
    next balance?

    Thanks
    Bluie2407

  2. #2
    PeterAtherton
    Guest

    RE: Excel formula for monthly interest rates

    "Bluie2407" wrote:

    > I am new to VBA or formula set up for excel.
    >
    > I would like for someone to help me write a formula to interest rates that
    > are computed on a day rate. Excemple:
    >
    > Discover Card charges interest on a daily bases.

    Bluie
    Column a=Date, col b=Balance, col c = monthly interest and col d = Payment.

    Formula for second date A3: =EDATE(A2,1)
    Formula for c2: =0.2299/365*B2*(A3-A2)
    d2=140
    Formula for B3: =ROUND(B2+C2-D2,2)

    copy the formulas down. Decimal places vary slightly with you example but
    give a good guide

    Regards
    Peter