I Need Help with complex formula ?

  1. #1
    Dan Thompson
    Guest

    I Need Help with complex formula ?

    Column "A" Is My Date column Which Starts with Jan 1, 2000
    Column "B" Has Generic Data

    Now In column "C" row number corisponding to Jan 1, 2001 (Cell "C55")
    I have this formula , =IF(ISNUMBER(B55),B55-B54,"")

    Now the problem I am having is that when I do a fill down of this
    formula Cell "C56" Formula looks like this =IF(ISNUMBER(B56),B56-B55,"")
    What I want Cell "C56" Formula to look like is this,
    =IF(ISNUMBER(B56),B56-B54,"")
    and the next cel should be
    =IF(ISNUMBER(B57),B57-B54,"")
    ect... ect...and so on.

    How can I do this using some sort of fill down so that I don't have to manual
    change each formula for every cell, as I have about 5000 cells and that
    would take forever.

    Thanks in advance for you help
    Dan Thompson

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: I Need Help with complex formula ?

    Dan: I don't understand? But if you're always substracting B54, use $B$54.
    Otherwise, you have no "pattern". Maybe you made a typo or I'm missing
    something.
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...