Multiple If Statements

  1. #1

    Multiple If Statements

    I'm stuck big time and I'm not even sure how to explain it ... but here goes.
    I need to use a formula that takes two different people, add all their transaction for a 30 day period, then subtract that amount from a starting balance. There isn't
    a transaction for every day of the month and when there is one, it has to feed of
    the remaining balance not the starting balance. Gosh, I hope that made sense???

    The formula I came up with is:

    IF((B1="Tom"),c1-Sumd1:d31, IF((B1="Pete"),c1-Sumd1:d31))

    Column A is date, column B is person, column C is starting balance, column D is amount used, and column E is remaining balance.

    Any help with be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Ray A
    Guest

    RE: Multiple If Statements

    If you are trying to add all of the amounts in column D&E that have Tom or
    Pete in column B and then subtract that amount from C1 use
    =SUMIF(B:B,"Tom",D:E)+SUMIF(B:B,"Pete",D:E)-C1
    HTH

  3. #3

    Multiple IF Statements

    Thank you for your input Ray A. I'll try it later this morning.