Help with formula please...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    neilcarden
    Guest

    Help with formula please...

    Hi all,

    Could anyone help with this formula?

    http://www.neilcarden.pwp.blueyonder...s%20scheme.xls

    I want to work out the percentage of a salary based on a target
    achevied or not. Please have a look at the example.

    If someone reaches 83% of target, then it falls into the 81-90% bracket
    and they receive 2% of their salary, which populates in the bonus
    acheived cell.

    However if they acheive 93%, it falls under the 3% bracket etc...

    Sound simple, but i can't fathom it out...

    Thanks
    Neil

    --
    neilcarden

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Help with formula please...

    Without looking at your link
    =if(a1>90,3,if(a1>80,2,etc))

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Wisconsin
    MS-Off Ver

    Formatting Helps

    I looked at your example.

    Format cells C8:C10 as percent so to correlate to the sales percent. Title these as Minimum or whatever as a reminder. Only enter the minimum needed for the bonus, don't enter a range.

    Formula in cell H7 is then =VLOOKUP(G4,C8:D10,2)*D4

    Without having the last argument (True or False) in the Vlookup the table C8:D10 must be sorted ascending as the Vlookup will return the value in the range D8:D10 that corresponds to the largest value in C8:C10 that is less than the value found in cell G4.
    Thanks!
    Dennis

    I am using Windows 7 and Office 2007, all of my posts are based on this.