having a two tables on the same page with different widths

  1. #1
    southerntwangqt
    Guest

    having a two tables on the same page with different widths

    I want to make two table charts but I can't have two different widths for
    their colums. So where on table has to have 1 skinny colum and on wide
    column, the table below it has to be the same. I want to be able to adjust
    the widths for different tables on the same page. I even tried cutting and
    pasting a table I created on a separate page and it still formatted it to the
    width of the existant table. HELP ME PLEASE...THANKS

  2. #2

    Re: having a two tables on the same page with different widths

    If you put one table in (say) columns A:E and the other in G:M, you can set the
    columnwidths the way you want--but you'll have trouble with rowheights.

    If I were you, I'd put each table on a dedicated worksheet. It makes making
    changes much easier and safer -- deleting a column won't be a disaster to the
    other table.

  3. #3
    southerntwangqt
    Guest

    Re: having a two tables on the same page with different widths

    Thank you. I put the other chart on a dedicated worksheet #2. I used Sheet 2
    and still under the same file name