How do you calculate CAGR In Excel 2003 with no initial cost?

  1. #1
    Boney
    Guest

    How do you calculate CAGR In Excel 2003 with no initial cost?

    I am trying to work out the compound anual growth rate of sales.

    I have two values, and two dates. There is no initial outlay as I am only
    looking at the sales revenue, so I cannot get the XIRR function to work

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: How do you calculate CAGR In Excel 2003 with no initial cost?

    Divide the later sales figure by the earlier sales figure and raise the
    result to one over the number of years

    As an example:

    Sales of 500 in 2002, in cell A2
    Sales of 750 in 2004, in cell A3

    Format A4 as Percent and use this formula

    =(A3/A2)^(1/2)-1

    gives you 22.47%