options under tools dose not come up

  1. #1
    Tracy
    Guest

    options under tools dose not come up

    When I go to Tools in Excel and click options, nothing happens. Never happen
    before. What do I do?

  2. #2
    Allan H.
    Guest

    RE: options under tools dose not come up

    "Tracy" wrote:

    > When I go to Tools in Excel and click options, nothing happens. Never happen
    > before. What do I do?

    The only time I've had anything strange like this occur is when either the
    program has some type of internal glitch or the system is runing out of
    resources. I would exit the program and restart it, and that would clear it
    most of the time. However, sometimes a reboot would be necessary. I know
    that's a stereotypical help-desk answer, but if your memory needs to be
    refreshed sometimes that all you can do.
    =]

  3. #3
    Tracy
    Guest

    RE: options under tools dose not come up

    Thanks - tried that and still nothing. Spreadsheet that it worked in before
    it does not work on? Think a program problem?

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Wisconsin
    MS-Off Ver

    Excel Menu Drop Down

    This sounds almost too simple, but I had a friend who said she did not see a menu item I told her about. I ent over to her desk and all she needed to do was click the double drop arrow at the bottom of the menu. She was only seeing her most recently used choices.
    Thanks!
    Dennis

    I am using Windows 7 and Office 2007, all of my posts are based on this.