Return employee name when the employee's number is entered

  1. #1
    Mike
    Guest

    Return employee name when the employee's number is entered

    In my workbook I have a sheet that contains two columns. One has employee
    name and the second has an employee number. Now, on another sheet I want to
    enter an employee number and in the next cell have it return the employee's
    name. How can I do this?

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Return employee name when the employee's number is entered

    If the second is to the right you can use a simple VLOOKUP. See in HELP
    If on the left you would need to use MATCH to find the row and then
    incorporate into an INDEX function. Again, the HELP index is your friend.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...