Copying formats - column widths, formats, outlining to worksheets

  1. #1
    DavidBr318
    Guest

    Copying formats - column widths, formats, outlining to worksheets

    I very often use worksheets to create a master workbook - it is tedious to
    re-create the formating of the master worksheet to each subsequent worksheet
    - In one column it may be formated with at date, the next with general
    infromation, the next with numbers, various calcuations, each column having
    its own specific widths, etc. along with outlining of various cells.
    Is there a way I can have Excel copy the formating of a worksheet to other
    worksheets

    Thanks,
    David

  2. #2
    N Harkawat
    Guest

    Re: Copying formats - column widths, formats, outlining to worksheets

    Copy the master worksheet and on new spread sheet go to edit -paste special
    and select formats and then again paste special and select column width

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: Copying formats - column widths, formats, outlining to worksheets

    Highlight the whole of the formatted master worksheet by clicking the top
    left hand square above row 1 and to the left of column A, and click the
    format painter on the toolbar. Go to the unformatted sheet and click in the
    same place,
    Regards,
    Alan.

  4. #4
    DavidBr318
    Guest

    Re: Copying formats - column widths, formats, outlining to workshe

    Alan - Thank you - it worked perfectly .... what a time saver.

    David