remove text that pops up with combo box

  1. #1
    Jeff
    Guest

    remove text that pops up with combo box

    I am editing an Excel MS Office 2000 worksheet someone else created.

    When I press on a combo box that has a drop down menu on this worksheet, a
    seperate yellow text box pops up beside it. I was to delete it or change the
    text in this pop up description box.

    I can move it around the screen, but I can't delete it or edit it in any
    way. It is so annoying, please help.

  2. #2
    Rowan
    Guest

    Re: remove text that pops up with combo box

    Are you sure this is a combo box? It is more likely to be data
    validation in the cell. Select one of the cells, from the menu
    Data>Validation. Then select the Input Message Tab and uncheck the box
    next to Show Input Message when cell is selected.

    Hope this helps
    Rowan