SOS - My formulas aren't computing down my rows but copying same

  1. #1
    Sharon S
    Guest

    SOS - My formulas aren't computing down my rows but copying same

    When I copy a formula down my spreadsheet, it returns the same results as the
    top row even though it isn't justified anywhere. The only way I can get it
    to work is F2 enter on each line!! Please Help! I have lengthy files and
    this happens on and off for no reason that I know of.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Check Tools -> Options -> Calculation tab, make sure calculation is "Automatic"

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon S

  3. #3
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: SOS - My formulas aren't computing down my rows but copying same

    Sharon,

    Try setting your calculation mode to automatic: Tools / Options... Calculation tab, check
    "Automatic"

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Sharon S
    Guest

    Re: SOS - My formulas aren't computing down my rows but copying sa

    Thank you so much! I don't know how that got changed. You made it so
    simple. Do you know how difficult it is to find such a simple answer from
    Microsoft's website and/or Help functions?

    Thanks again!

    Sharon

  5. #5
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: SOS - My formulas aren't computing down my rows but copying sa

    Sharon,

    That setting gets set by the first workbook that you open.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...